Loose-Fill Rubber Playground Nuggets
Loose-Fill Rubber Playground Nuggets (LFR) is another common type of playground safety surfacing. If you are looking for a surfacing that cost significantly less than poured rubber or synthetic turf, but does not decay and require replenishing like Engineered Wood Fiber, then Loose-Fill Rubber Playground Nuggets is the product for you.
LFR, as with all of our playground safety surfacing products, meets or exceeds Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) recommendations as well as all American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) requirements. This product is sold by the ton and is International Playground Equipment Manufacturers Association (IPEMA) certified for fall heights up to 17 feet.
Loose-Fill Rubber Playground Nuggets is manufactured from post-consumer automotive tires. When installed, LFR provides an impact attenuating surface that helps reduce fall related injuries while also complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Mulch Outfitters has provided LFR playground surfaces for a wide variety of clients, including:
- Public and Private Schools
- Parks and Recreation Departments
- Daycares and Churches
- Apartments Complexes, Restaurants etc.
- Made from post-consumer automotive tires
- Available in four popular colors – red, brown, green, and blue
- LFR is sold by the ton
- Meets Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) recommendations
- Meets Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements
- Passes Head Impact Attenuation Test ASTM F1292
- Passes Wheelchair Accessibility Test ASTM F1951
- Passes Sieve Analysis, Hazardous Metals, Tramp Metal, Sharp Tramp Metal, and Total Lead Content Test ASTM F3012
- International Play Equipment Manufacturers Association (IPEMA) certified
- 6" of LFR is IPEMA rated for a 17' fall height
Loose-Fill Rubber Playground Nuggets can move around and get displaced after consistent play. It is important to make sure that the material is spread evenly and at the proper depths throughout the entire play area.
Because LFR is a loose-fill material, there is potential for foreign objects to get mixed in with the surfacing. LFR requires regular inspection and removal of foreign objects from the playground surface to ensure that the surfaces remain safe for play.